The CN Global Jiu-JItsu League and its events are built on the regulatory framework set by the International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation.
Here is the list of exceptions to the regulatory framework of IBJJF:
- No Submissions allowed for children competing at Tiny Champions and Little Champions 1 Divisions (3 to 6 years old)
- Orange and Green Belts Compete in the same division.
- CompNet tournaments run on single-elimination brackets. Some regions may implement double elimination brackets for specific divisions, or offer consolation matches for bracket losers.
- Duration of matches are specific to each age group.
Medals are awarded to 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place of each division. Athletes will not compete for third place, and two bronze medals will be awarded. Some regions may implement third place contest, when this happens the bronze medal will only be awarded to the winner of the third place match. Only the winner of the 3rd place match will be awarded point to the ranking.
Before each fight, adult and master's athletes will be asked to show their valid photo identification (ID) to the official.
All CompNet athletes must weigh-in and compete wearing their official Gracie Barra Uniform: Kimono, Rashguard, Belt. The uniform must not be altered.
The GI top should reach the athlete's thigh, and the sleeves should come no more than 5 cm from the athlete's wrist when the arm is extended straight parallel to the ground.
GI pants should reach no more than two above the tibial malleolus (ankle bone).
The inspection will verify whether the following official measurements are met:
- GI lapel thickness (0.5 in)
- The width of GI collar (2 in)
- The opening of the sleeve at full extension (2.7 In)
Athletes should use a durable, 2 in cm wide belt colored according to the athlete's rank, with a black tip – except for black belts, where the tip should be white or red. The belt should be worn over the top, wrapped around the waist twice, and tied using a double knot to hold the GI top closed. Once secured in a double knot, each end of the belt should hang 8 to 11 inches in length.
OTHER UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
Wearing pants of any kind under GI pants is prohibited, except for women, who are permitted to use pants made of elastic fabric (clings to body) under the GI pants, as long as these pants are shorter than the GI pants.
Athletes must use undergarments. The use of thong-type undergarments is not permitted; only briefs-type undergarments.
GIs may not exhibit mending or tears, be wet or dirty, or emanate unpleasant odors.
Every competitor must weigh in before the first match. There is only one opportunity to check the weight. Competitors who do not meet the division's weight limit are subjected to disqualification.
All competitors must weigh in with their official uniform, including the belt and the rashguard.
For example, 107.0 lbs (Rooster) means an athlete must weigh 107.0 lbs or below with their Gi; 107.1 lbs will result in disqualification.
You can download the CN Official Weight Charts Below:
The duration of matches varies according to each age division as follows:
- Tiny Champions (3 - 4 years old): 2 Mins
- Little Champions 1 (5 - 6 years old): 2 Mins
- Little Champions 2 (7 - 8 years old): 3 Mins
- Juniors 1 (9 - 10 years old): 3 Mins
- Juniors 2 (11 - 12 years old): 4 Mins
- Teens (13 - 15 years old): 4 Mins
- Juvenile (16 - 17 years old): 5 Minutes
ADULT AND MASTER DIVISIONS
- Adult (18 - 29 years old): 5 Minutes (Season 2022)
- Masters (30+ years old): 5 Minutes (Season 2022)
HEALTH AND SAFETY
CompNet abides by local health and safety regulations. Due to the ever-changing situations during this time, we are constantly evaluating the health issues and local, state, and federal orders on a day-to-day basis regarding contact sports.
In the case of a forced event cancellation, all registration fees will be automatically refunded.